- ASK -- Talk to people who may have links to nearby villages. People who touch your daily life like your security guard,drivers,housekeeping. They may be working in your residence, in your apartment complex, in your neighborhood, at your workplace. Tell them that you would like to spend a day in their village with them.
- VISIT -- Visit them based on their convenience and walk around their village. Enjoy local hospitality. If possible try to have your local connect arrange for breakfast/lunch. Take photographs and video of the place with their permissions.
- SPREAD -- Write about your experience in blogs and post photos and videos at web sites. Talk to your family friends and workplace colleagues and arrange another trip with a combination of them.
- EMPOWER -- Let your local connect start arranging the trips and taking care of everything from transport, to food and acting as local guide. He can make more and more people from village participate in succeeding trips and spreads the goodwill. Urban people need a good toilet and a clean place to eat, you can ensure presence of both.
What you gain out of it? Or why should you do it?
You will be sensitized to the human side of your local connect, the villagers and various people who encourage the cause in your workplace and in your friend circle. You will become a social entrepreneur and you will create social entrepreneurs through your local connect and through various people that you meet during the journey.
Remember, it’s a beautiful countryside out their. See it and show it to the world.
Just hit the roads and get moving. We did it and you can do it too.
Recommendations financial transactions
Divide the money into three parts.
- One for the cost associated with the trip, the cash payment is made to stakeholders on the day of trip itself.
- Two for creating a corpus for the village, could be through trust formation with directors being village stakeholders.
- Three for creating corpus to develop less privileged villages wherein directors could be from same village or a collection of villages that have successfully promoted rural tourism.
Recommendations for local connect and village
- Local connect can have mobile and email connectivity.
- Village can have a good toilet.
- Village can have a clean place for eating.
Do you have any other recommendations or success stories to share?