I had been struggling with the web browsing experience when I stumbled upon it.
I was searching for a good barcode scanning android app on android marketplace because "Barcode scanner" was not scanning the 1D code. It could be a limitation of Samsung Galaxy 5 as the camera is not auto-focus.
Have you been able to decode 1D bar codes with Samsung Galaxy 5? Please let me know.
I initially could not understand the concept behind "Send To Computer". After a struggle these were the steps that got me going
- Goto http://send-to-computer.appspot.com/ on your desktop. Enable popups in your browser for this site.
- Scan the 2D code with your phone "Barcode Scanner". The app will obtain a unique id for your session.
- Go to Browser in phone, open any site. Click on Menu-->More-->Share Page-->Send To Computer
- Lo and behold the page opens in your desktop browser window.
- Another nicety is to have the links of all sites shared on the desktop page of send-to-compter.appspot.com